Are you looking for an all-natural way to enhance and
moisten your skin? Want to decrease excess water weight from your body
in a matter of hours? Then a body wrap might be exactly what you are
Body wraps are designed to improve the texture and
appearance of the skin by helping to rid the body of excess fluids and
toxins. The benefits of body wraps may include body contouring,
detoxification, boosting of the lymphatic system and metabolism,
temporary inch loss, skin tightening, and skin softening.
How Are Body Wraps Performed?
People undergoing body wrap treatments typically have
their torso, legs, arms, and neck wrapped with elastic cloths (either
dry when wrapped or pre-soaked with body wrap mixture). The elastic
cloths absorb and help remove excess body fluids and toxins. The clothes
are wrapped snugly (though not too tightly), creating a thermal blanket
that promotes sweating and aids in the shedding of unnecessary
interstitial fluid (fluid located between the small spaces of body
The Benefits of Body Wraps
Body wraps are all-natural, most often containing a
mixture of herbs and minerals designed to beautify the skin. Essential
oils and sea salts may also be used in daily spa body wrap treatments,
helping to tone and soften the skin while helping to rid you of those
unwanted inches. Results sometimes may be realized immediately. But
toxins and interstitial fluids eventually re-accumulate, so regular
body wraps may provide better long-term benefits.
Here is a summary of what you can expect from a body wrap:
- Body scrubs may use salts and other natural ingredients to exfoliate and detoxify the skin.
- Body wraps use detoxifying organic materials such as mud or aloe vera to draw toxins from the body and soften skin.
- Most body scrubs use a blend of oils with fine and
coarse grains, and are followed with the application of emollient
lotions to further soften skin.
- Skin will feel soft and fine lines will lessen after just one treatment.
- Such deeply relaxing treatments are shown to decrease stress, thereby lowering blood pressure.
- Since the skin is our largest organ, detoxification can have profound effects on our health and sense of well-being.