Revel in a natural alternative to facial and body hair removal that is less painful, more effective and actually beneficial
for the skin. Using 100% natural ingredients, Body Sugaring leads to permanency and leaves skin smooth and supple and
re-growth is softer every time. Clients will notice a difference even after the first treatment. Remember that your first
3 Sugaring sessions are the most important. It is imperative to have these appointments booked fairly close together to achieve
reduction more quickly
To Sugar or Not to Sugar:
- Sugaring is an old truth: as old as the oldest of civilizations. Once an ancient ritual,
Body Sugaring is considered an art in North America
- Sugaring leads to permanency. Clients will notice a decelerated growth and treatments become
less frequent as it takes longer for the hair to grow. Eventually, the
follicle wall is degraded, and the hair growth ceases
- Sugaring can remove short, coarse and even the most stubborn of hairs
- Sugaring also eliminates ingrown hair. By thoroughly easing the hair out by the root, ingrown hair is virtually eliminated
- Sugar is never applied hot. Rather, it is applied warm and acclimates to the body's own temperature,
resulting in a much less painful method of hair removal
- Sugar is a natural preservative, as well as an anti-bacterial
- Sugar is 100% natural, and is not tested on animals. It is safe, gentle and effective
- Sugaring actually improves the skin. By gently exfoliating dulled, dead skin while
removing the hair, the skin is left incredibly smooth between treatments
What is sugaring?
Using a technique which originated in Egypt, a paste made primarily
of sugar is applied to the surface of the skin. The sugaring paste
is then removed taking the hair along with it.
How does sugaring work?
sugaring paste is warmed and then applied thinly to the skin in
the direction of the hair growth. Reusable cotton strips are then
pressed firmly onto the paste and then sharply pulled back thus
removing the hair with the sugaring paste.
On what areas of the body can
sugaring be used?
all areas including eyebrows, upper lip, underarms, legs, arms, stomach, and the
bikini line. Men have one exception - they cannot use sugaring on the beard due
to a different hair root system.
How long before hair regrows after
sugaring hair removal lasts between 4 and 6 weeks depending on the
level of hair growth. The hair is removed from the root. Repeated
treatments can tend to weaken the hair so
it becomes easier over time.
report a slight sting comparable to ripping a sticky tape from the
skin. The skin may be red for a while after sugaring
but this usually disappears within 24 hours.
the ingredients are all natural. Sugaring even has healing properties.
Paste solutions which are purchased can also contain other ingredients
such as citric acid and gum Arabic.
citric acid is an astringent which can tighten the skin making
hair removal easier and the gum Arabic gives a proper consistency
to the paste making it easier to remove.
What are the differences between sugaring and waxing?
adheres to the hair and the skin.
Sugaring paste adheres only to the hair so there is less
applied either hot or cold (in precoated strips) to the skin.
Sugaring paste is
used at room temperature or slightly warmed.
often contains chemicals which can be a little hard on the skin
if used repeatedly.
Sugaring paste is completely natural and gentle on the skin.
can be messy to clean up due to the petroleum base.
Sugaring paste is easily cleaned up with water.